This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

It’s that time of the semester again: the week you spend sitting inside your dorm room or apartment every night, studying until 4AM. Remember those 8 weeks you spent pretending you had a single clue what was going on in every class you’re taking? It all comes down to this week. It’s Midterms Week and it’s the best time to show off your I-haven’t-slept-in-a-week-straight ensembles. But rather than spend your valuable time worrying about what you’re wearing, here’s a comprehensive guide to the latest trends in Midterms Week fashion:

Day 1: You’re ready to take on the challenges of Midterms Week. You’ve looked over your professors’ study guides. You’re well rested. You’re optimistic about your exams despite putting off all your studying until the last minute. Your flannel shirt is effortlessly chic and your favorite riding boots are essential for strolling around campus (because you haven’t quite found the motivation to go inside and glue yourself to a chair in the library yet). That Pumpkin Spice Latte will provide the perfect amount of energy needed to study for a few hours. Snaps for you because you look great. But that’s because you don’t have any exams today: professors who expect you to study over the weekend clearly do not understand the meaning of having a social life. As a result, your Monday outfit is adorable.

Day 2: You’re still getting an ample amount of sleep, so you look put-together with your oversized sweater, designer puffer vest (preferably of The North Face or Patagonia variety) and combat boots. You’ve switched out your jeans for leggings (and you can pretty much kiss real pants goodbye for the rest of the week; you’re studying all day and you deserve to be comfortable for every minute of it). You pretty much threw this outfit together and it still looks great. But remember: it’s only Tuesday. You’ll probably be spending the night in the library while your friends are at the bars downtown for Two-Dollar Tuesday.

Day 3: Ok, so maybe you didn’t spend the night in the library and you did go out for Two-Dollar Tuesday. Maybe you only slept a few hours. Maybe today you have a midterm exam in that one class you actually pay attention in. Lucky for you, you can still look cute effortlessly chic in a Spirit Jersey and leggings: your go-to, I’m-hungover-but-I-still-look-cute outfit. And nobody can tell that your moccasins are basically slippers. They’re perfect for the beautiful fall weather you can’t experience because you’ll be in the library all day after class and all night.

Day 4: It’s raining and the only optimistic thought in your head is that you’re excited to wear your adorable rain boots. But that doesn’t mean that your overall appearance has to be adorable. You probably didn’t change out of the T-shirt you wore to bed. You’re wearing your sorority letters-embroidered rain jacket so maybe your sisters can recognize you with your unwashed hair, makeup-free face and dark under-eye circles (if you ever make it out of your Thursday exams alive and see your sisters again). Unfortunately, you have more exams tomorrow so it looks like you have another date with your textbooks tonight. Could this dreary weather match your mood any better?

Day 5: You literally can’t even. You’re exhausted and your head is throbbing from the unthinkable amounts of coffee you’ve consumed over the course of the week. You had a total of 30 minutes of sleep last night and you’re wearing the only clean articles of clothing left in your closet (because who had time to do laundry this week?). You’re trying to keep a low profile in case you run into that cute guy from that one class, so your sweatshirt’s hood is staying glued to your head until your last exam is finished. Maybe this outfit isn’t the one you’d go to a job interview in. At least now that you have the feeling of accomplishment for conquering the dreaded Midterms Week! You’ll radiate with confidence in the fabulous outfits you’ll wear when your head isn’t buried in your textbook.