Spotted Your Ex With Another Girl? Keep It Cool Like a Collegiette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

There you are, belting out “We Found Love” with your girls in the corner of the room at your favorite spot.  Wherever this may be (the bars, a house party, etc.) you decide to strut over in your new five-inch heels and say hi to the cutie you were cuddling with the night before. After downing a couple (okay, or maybe like seven) shots of vodka you’re ready to flirt like the pro you are and seal the deal yet again.  

Wait, what do you see when you’re approaching?  Is that another girl he has his arms wrapped around?  Quick, you need a miracle, and you need it fast!

Let’s face the facts: this situation is awkward but all a girl needs is some killer confidence and maybe another drink to help her pull her way out of this one.

You have one of two options here.  You can shy away or you can rise above it.  Gently touch his arm and say hi.   He’s sure to remember you.  The new girl will have no idea who you are; you could just be a girl in his chemistry class.  This shows him that you’re playing it cool and not intimidated.

This loser obviously doesn’t know what he’s missing.  Use his presence to your advantage.  Now that you know his eyes are guaranteed to be locked on you all night, you need to step your flirting game up with other guys.  Dance with your girlfriends and make sure he knows that he’s not stopping you from having a good time.   Whatever you do, avoid spending the night tied to your cell phone or giving him ANY eye contact.

So, when this stud-turned-dud comes crawling back, give yourself the pleasure of telling him no, thanks.   Then you can thank him for letting you know upfront that he is not worth any more of your time.  Although this situation is a little bit tricky at first, as always, you can turn it around to your advantage.  Not only does it help you to quickly get over your past hook-up, but it also gives you the incentive to boost your flirting.  You could always send a pic of you and your new beau that he helped you meet as a token of appreciation, but duh, you already deleted his digits.

Courtney Kabbes is a junior at Indiana University. She is majoring in journalism with a concentration in apparel merchandising. When she's not busy updating Her Campus IU and promoting their site, she works as the Vice President of Social Media for the Retail Studies Organization and Ed2010 at Indiana. Some of her favorite things include shopping, mint chocolate chip ice cream, New York City, Bikram yoga, and spending time with her two favorite people: her mother and sister. Did we forget to mention her slight obsession with Pinterest? www.pinterest.com/ckabbes