Sorority Series: Alpha Xi Delta

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Official Name: Alpha Xi Delta

Nickname: Xis

Founded: 1893 at Lombard College

Mascot: Betxi Bear and Al Fuzzie

Symbol: The Quill

Flower: Pink Kilarney Rose 

Philanthropy: Austism Speaks

Motto: “Realize Your Potential”

Day in the life of an AXiD:

The moment you walk into the AXiD you find all your best friends scattered throughout the house. From the formal to the dinning room you’ll always find girls studying for the next big ICore exam, hanging out on the red room couch going over their plans for the weekend, or watching the latest episode of The Bachelor. The overwhelming amount of smiles and laughter you experience all around the house is a constant reminder of what an amazing community we’re a part of.

AXiD Up Close:

It’s a house passionate about friendships, philanthropy, and staying involved in each others lives and on campus. It’s sitting at any table when you come down for dinner, it’s B bus chatter, late night study sessions, polar pop runs, and so much more…. It’s home.

“AXiD has made me a person who misses school even during our long breaks…it’s so much apart of me that I get sad when I’m away for too long. “

“AXiD is a place where you can escape your hectic school day and find support from every girl around you.”

Hey everyone! I’m Hannah Lavine, a senior at IU majoring in journalism with a concentration in informatics. I’m also a member of Alpha Xi Delta, and enjoy all things Hoosier aka tailgating and basketball. Besides that, I’m a reality show junkie (I know you all watch all of the Bachelor shows too.) Tina Fey is my idol, and chocolate chip cookies are my favorite food. Follow me! Twitter: @hannahL5