A Guide To This Season’s Perfect Sweaters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

This winter get cozy with the perfect sweater.  HCIU brings you the perfect guide to wearing a sweater for any occasion.  

The oversized sweater: it’s a new classic. It’s slouchy and boyish, but so comfy and easy to wear! Wear it with a long necklace and slim boot-cut jeans to make it more feminine.

The sweater dress is the classiest member of the sweater family. Wear it with a long scarf to make a long dress more proportional! If it’s too dressy, slip on some colored tights for a little more fun.

At this time of year, vests are less about warmth and more about fashion. Wear with a long-sleeved, flowy top and skinny jeans in muted coordinating colors for a stylish, bohemian look.

More concerned about keeping warm? A thick wool sweater is perfect! Bigger is better, whether it’s the chunky cable knit or cute buttons. Wear some black leggings and sleek boots underneath so your whole body doesn’t look puffy!

It’s a literal animal print! This vintage-y, eclectic look is not for the faint of heart. Stand out even more when you add a sparkly rhinestone tank underneath and carry a brightly colored bag!

Embellished sweaters are huge this season. Add a little shine to your holiday outfit! To keep things classic, wear striped or floral keds and carry a cute retro tote bag.

These soft, short-sleeved sweaters are perfect for a lazy day. Wear with a pair of IU sweatpants while you cheer for your favorite team on TV: Go Hoosiers!

Courtney Kabbes is a junior at Indiana University. She is majoring in journalism with a concentration in apparel merchandising. When she's not busy updating Her Campus IU and promoting their site, she works as the Vice President of Social Media for the Retail Studies Organization and Ed2010 at Indiana. Some of her favorite things include shopping, mint chocolate chip ice cream, New York City, Bikram yoga, and spending time with her two favorite people: her mother and sister. Did we forget to mention her slight obsession with Pinterest? www.pinterest.com/ckabbes