photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

10 Upcoming Must-See Box Office Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

2014 has been a good year for films so far, and it’s not about to stop. The box office is sure to see some hits in the next two months, and the new year won’t stop this trend. 2015 will definitely be bringing some captivating films to the silver screen. These next 10 films will surely be worth that movie ticket:

1. “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay- Part 1”

Release date: Nov. 21, 2014

What better way to kick off Thanksgiving break than to see part one of the final “Hunger Games” installment? After defying the Capital in “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” Katniss Everdeen must lead Panem against the Capital and remain a symbol of hope for a war-torn, albeit resilient nation. 

2.  “Horrible Bosses 2”

Release date: Nov. 26, 2014

Another movie to see over break! As the sequel to “Horrible Bosses,” “Horrible Bosses 2” is sure to generate an uproar of laughter as Kurt, Nick and Dale attempt to start their own business but, in the meantime, have to plot a kidnapping of a sly investor trying to take down their business. 

3. “The Imitation Game”

Release date: Nov. 28, 2014

This film is sure to be a nail-biter, as the audience watches English mathmatician and logician, Alan Turing, who races against time to crack the “unbreakable codes” of Germany’s World War II Enigma machines. 

4. “Unbroken”

Release date: Dec. 25, 2014

Directed by Angelina Jolie, this film is already generating Oscar buzz. “Unbroken” tells the story of an Olympic runner who is taken prisoner and held in Japanese prisoner of war camps during World War II. 

5. “Taken 3”

Release date: Jan. 9, 2015

Liam Neeson is back again as our favorite terrorist-fighting, protective father, in the third installment of the “Taken” series. Convicted of murder, in this film, Bryan Mills sets out, in the most bad-ass way possible, to uncover the true killer and clear his name.  

6. “Fifty Shades of Grey”

Release date: Feb. 13, 2015

For all of you, girls, who couldn’t help but drool over the handsome and elusive, yet tortured character, Christian Grey, in E.L. James’ “Fifty Shades of Grey” novel, then your dreams are about to be projected on to the big screen this Valentine’s Day. If you have not read the trilogy yet, we suggest you do; we promise you won’t be able to put it down. 

7. “Fast and Furious 7” or “Furious 7″

Release date: April 3, 2015

In the seventh installment of the “Fast and the Furious” film series, Dominic Toretto and his crew are the targets for revenge as Deckard Shaw seeks to punish them for the death of his brother. 

8. “Avengers: Age of Ultron”

Release date: May 1, 2015

The follow-up to, perhaps, one of the greatest super hero movies ever. This film brings together all of our favorite action figures as they try to save the planet after a dormant peacekeeping program is jumpstarted, but goes awry. 

9. “Pitch Perfect 2”

Release date: May 15, 2015

The sequel to our 2012 favorite, “Pitch Perfect,” follows Beca and Fat Amy through their senior year at Barden, and is sure to promise lots of laughs and horizontal running. 

10. “Jurassic World” 

Release date: June 12, 2015

In the fourth installment of the “Jurassic Park” series, a new creation is added to the park to regarner attraction, but instead severely backfires. 

Now get your popcorn, candy and a large drink; sit back, relax and enjoy the show!

*Photo credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

International Studies student at American University.