Lingerie, Wear It For Yourself First

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

Every woman has experimented shopping for underwear. Some prefer the basics and some prefer the sexy type or lingerie. It depends on your own style and that’s okay. But there are women that think lingerie is just for showing it to their partners and let me tell you something; YOU ARE WRONG!

Love your body and empower yourself. Wearing lingerie should not be considered as a sexual thing and need to be considered as a way of feeling sexier for yourself. For me, wearing lingerie is a way to be comfortable with my own body and embracing it. Thanks mom for showing me this with the years! Stop for a minute and think “when was the last time you look at yourself in the mirror with just your underwear and loved your body?” Or “when was the last time you brought something sexy for yourself?” Maybe now you are thinking “it’s been a long time ago” but you can make it different right now. So if you are reading this at home in your room, go and pick your favorite sexy underwear, put it on and step in front of the mirror. Look at you, look at your body, YOU ARE STUNNING. Don’t wait for a partner to tell you that you’re sexy, go ahead and tell it yourself in front of the mirror.

You can take pictures of yourself too, because some girls feel sexier doing it and admiring their body in a picture. Remember that it is not a sin and also you should take care if you don’t want anyone to watch them. Also, if you are alone while you do this self-esteem exercise you can walk around your house and feel like a Victoria’s Secrets angel. Yes, I do this all the time if you are wondering, and it makes me feel amazing because if I don’t appreciate my body by myself first, no one is going to do it.

Also remember that lingerie is for wearing at any moment of the day. So if you are going to class, to work, for a date or even if you are in a stressful week just grab a sexy pantie and a sexy bra and wear it. Feel powerful and walk showing your sexiness.

My dearest girls you need to love your stretch marks, your belly, your tiny or big boobs and butt. Accept your bodies as the amazing way they are. Just do it and then I am really sure that everyone is going to look and appreciate your body as much as you do.

Nashali Galarza

Inter SG '20

Hello there, My name is Nashali Galarza and I'm in an English Major. I love reading and the art of writing. Being the Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Inter SG was an important project for me which requires a lot of energy and dedication. I have published my first poetry book in December 2017 and will publishing the second one in October 2019. Also I am always looking for new writing adventures.♥