Revamp Your Bedroom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

You spend a lot more time than you think in your bedroom. Sleeping, studying, hanging out — your living space is the spot where you chill out for most of your day.

That being said, you need to make sure you find your bedroom visually appealing. You need to immediately be comfortable and stress-free when you set foot in your room.

Apartmenttherapy.com says it all starts with your bedding. You need to pick out a comforter you enjoy and that “everything on your bed should be soft and comfortable”.

When it comes to color, you need to be “in love” with it. That being said your bed doesn’t need to extremely colorful — sometimes picking a neutral color for your bedding means you can add pops of color in other forms: pillows, flowers, posters, bins, desk accessories, etc.

Go beyond standard posters sold at the bookstore. Pinterest has a ton of good D.I.Y. projects, so you don’t have to spend a ton of money to decorate your room.

When it comes to décor, less is always more — keeping your living space free of overcrowded decorations creates a more peaceful energy in your room. Pick and choose the decorations you think best complement the biggest pieces in your room: desk, dresser, bedding, shelving.

Keeping everything clean and organized is key to making any bedroom look great. Options for storage are endless so be creative. Stacking is a great way to conserve space.

You may feel like you don’t have enough room to decorate, especially if you’re living in a dorm or an apartment. Chances are, though, you don’t use/wear half the stuff in your bedroom. If you don’t remember the last time you wore it, you should probably donate it.

Get creative and trust your gut: if something looks out of place or you feel like it’s clashing, get rid of it and replace it with something new. Everyone deserves to have a gorgeous room, even if it’s on a budget!