This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

1. Wardrobe

Whether it’s the abundance of closets you have to pick from, or just the handful of lettered sweatshirts you’ve accumulated, you will have an entirely new set of clothing options. If you can’t find something in your closet, you most definitely will in one of your friends. Sororities are basically just massive closets, and you’ll end up saving a ton of money once you live in the house and share everything with your sisters.

2. Social Life

Your calendar is constantly filled. Philanthropies, sisterhood events, date parties, etc. The perks of this? You never have to figure out a plan on your own. No planning, no stress. You will always have pre-planned activities and events to attend, and you’ll always know exactly which of your friends will be there with you.  Plus, you always know in advance so you have something to look forward to!

3. Creativity & Artistic Ability

Searching for the perfect mason jar will become a hobby of yours. You will spend countless hours crafting and bedazzling the perfect set of letters to hang on your wall. You will be surprised at the inner artist inside of you! You also will be able to make something out of nothing. ABC themed party? Easy, you’ll turn a garbage bag into a cute 2-piece outfit in minutes.

4. Sleep

There really is no explanation for this one. For some reason you end up staying up later than need be every night. Friends always surround you so naturally you hang out until it’s 2 a.m. and you realize you need to be up in six hours for your 8 a.m…

5. Maternal Instincts

The inner mom in you will be set free. You will form a bond with your little (who is literally six months younger than you) and treat her as your child. You are at each other’s back and call and you do anything for one another. You have her back and watch out for her like her own mother would. Someone spilled a drink on your little?  Someone said what about her? You’re the left tackle to her quarterback. Basically, you’ve got your little’s back no matter what.

The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.