burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

As Fashion Week 2018 has come and gone, the spring trends have been solidified long ago. This season’s looks have graduated from the usual spring pastels and floral to plenty of mesh, bling and unexpected colors. Here are alternatives of five high-end spring trends that won’t break the bank.

1. Statement Earrings 

After too many years of the “statement necklace,” it’s time to move on to something new. Statement earrings are the perfect accessory to dress up any outfit. Here’s three earrings that perfectly embody the trend at a fraction of the price.

Buy here

Buy here 

Buy here

2. Plaid 

Biggest comeback of 2018? Plaid. This spring is all about the updated and fresh pattern. Here’s some pieces to incorporate into every aspect of your outfit (maybe not all at once) without looking like your grandparent’s couch.

Buy here

Buy here

Buy here

3. Plastic 

Taking a cue from Chanel’s Spring 2018/2019 collection, plastic is the material of choice this spring. If this seems daunting, here are some accessories to give a futuristic look to your next outfit.

Buy here

Buy here

Buy here

4. Sequins 

Runways saw quite a lot of bling this year. Marc Jacobs, Gucci and Tom Ford, among others, incorporated glitter, sparkles and shine in their lines this spring. Easily incorporated in a wardrobe, sequins are the perfect thing to amp up your “night out” look.

Buy here

Buy here

Buy here

5. Fringe 

Fringe made yet another comeback this season, proving its dominance in the fashion world. Here’s three sophisticated ways to wear fringe without looking like you’re from the wild west.

Buy here

Buy here

Buy here

Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4 | Photo 5 | Photo 6 | Photo 7 | Photo 8 | Photo 9 | Photo 10 | Photo 11 | Photo 12 | Photo 13 | Photo 14 | Photo 15 

The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.