Lauren’s Fashion Blog: Look Hot Despite The Cold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

With the freezing weather it isn’t unusual to feel “under the weather” or even worse under the radar. These winter items will help to not ony keep you warm, but show you how sex appeal is possible in the winter (yes, pale legs and all!) Add these items to your winter wardrobe and I guarantee you will like the results.

1. Knit Scarves: Knit infinity scarves are the perfect addition to any outfit. Pair it with a chunky sweater, leggings, and combat boots and you have the perfect laid back, comfy outfit!

2. Printed Pants: Print pants are a quirky new trend that helps make your winter wardrobe less drab. Paired with a denim top or pea coat you will look like the fashionista you’ve always wanted to be.

3. Peter Pan Collar Sweaters: Peter pan collared sweaters are not only super versatile, but they are a great way to stay warm while still looking polished. You can wear them with colored skinnies for a night out or with dress pants or a pencil skirt for an interview. 

4. High Socks: High socks paired with a mini skirt or dress is the perfect excuse to warm up your legs without having to take away the sex appeal with tights or nylons. 

5. Colbalt Blue: Anything in cobalt, Winter’s trending color, is an absolute hit. Cobalt skinnies with a sheer shirt or cobalt colored peplum top will undoubtedly help you stand out. 

6. Pea Coats: Pea coats are an absolute necessity for the winter time, even for guys too! When it comes to staying stylish in the cold you need to leave your NorthFace for the gym and break out a long, double-breasted pea coat. 

7. Fur Vests: Furry vests are trending more and more throughout this season. Paired with a white long sleeve and jeans or that “little black dress” it is a guaranteed jaw dropper.