End of the Semester Struggles as told by Kristen Wiig

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

The end of the semester is right around the corner. Do you know what that means? It means that the weather is getting warmer and that there is going to be a ton of activities to partake it. But EVERY. SINGLE. ONE of your professors are going to assign you 6 papers, 2.5 exams, 3 nights of crying, 23 minutes a day to eat, and of course you’ll be lucky if you get in 20 minutes of sleep. Here is a quick example of the average college student’s life for these last 5-7 weeks of school. 

You’re so excited that summer is around the corner and school work is coming to an end… 

… until you realize that it’s the last five weeks and the overload of procrastinating and having six exams in one week is taking over your life. 

Then you’re questioning your life because your friends are going out. To math or not to math? 

You stay inside and attempt to get your life together until your friends need a ride and of course you’re a good person (and deserve a jam sesh).

Then you walk in the club like a boss to pick up your friends 

…and you may or may not regrettably join them on the dance floor. 

Then you see one of your friends making a bad decision so you have to be captain save-a-hoe for the night (the good captain). 

Once you finally get your friends back home in bed,

you start working on your homework again.

…then realize it’s the best time to eat some food! 

Before you know it, it’s 5:30 a.m. and you’re hallucinating. 

You still stay up to finish your work but instead you’re imagining how awkward you’d be during your first kiss with Justin Bieber 

and before you know it, 9 a.m. is approaching and you walk into your class like 

…then you realize that this is going to be the routine for the next 5-7 weeks and you just give up. 

College: 10 You: 0 

Good luck, may the odds ever be in your favor.

Mallory Lovings

Illinois State

I am a firm believer that mac n' cheese was put on this earth in honor of me.
Contributor account for Illinois State