Sheridan Butler ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

Major
Advertising

Hometown
Princeton Junction, New Jersey

Relationship status
In a Relationship

What are your top three favorite things to do on the weekends?
Go to the movies, shop, and party.

How would you describe your fashion sense?
My fashion sense directly correlates with my mood for the day and what events are happening on campus. If I have a lot of meetings or professional business to conduct I will dress more business casual and if I’m going to a lot of social events I’ll dress down but still look cute. I don’t follow trends, I don’t really know much about “what’s in” fashion wise, but I always get complements on my outfits because they’re unique to me and my feelings.

What is something that is unique about you?
I am a graphic designer, not to many African American women in the graphic design/advertising industry.

What do you look for in a guy?
 In a guy, I look for someone who has the ability to capture my eye as well as my heart. I usually like low-key and laid-back guys who don’t try to be the center of attention. The guys who pay me the least attention are the ones that generally have the ability to tap into my curiosity factor. They also need to be smarter than me, because I love an intellectually stimulating conversation. I also am a big fan of guys with dimples and/or curly hair!

Kalia Williams sophomore English major with a a minor in Journalism. She is from McAllen, TX, a budding town on the border of Texas and Mexico. She is interested in fashion, cinematography, traveling and learning languages. In addition to writing for HerCampus-Howard University, she serves as the editor of Sterling Notes, the literary magazine at Howard University. She is an avid fan of soccer and aspires to go to the World Cup 2014 in Brazil!