Tune-In Tuesday: 2 Albums, 1 Day; Justin Bieber and One Direction

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Big things happened in the music industry on this past Friday! Two of the biggest names in the business released their new (and amazing) albums. That’s right, Justin Bieber released his sixth album, Purpose, and One Direction’s fifth album, Made in the AM are officially out!

Justin Bieber has really made a comeback! Not only with his style and attitude, but his music!

“What do you mean it’s already out?

“Sorry, thought you knew!” (It was a lame joke. I’m sorry, but I had to).

His music is very fun. I like that you can dance to it and jam out. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be named a great album of 2015. I hope that Justin Bieber continues his great streak. He’s such a talented artist and has the vocals of a singing God.

As for One Direction, and as a hard core Directioner, I can actually say they made an amazing album sans Zayn (we still love him, but this album proves the boys are still an amazing band). I personally believe it is their best album yet. They surprisingly have a lot of songs dedicated to one-night stands (not complaining, they’re Perfect) but also have some very beautiful pieces, such as End of the Day. I really appreciate the fact that the boys toned down their “typical pop boy band” music and have released more “edgy” stuff, if we can call it that.

But that’s how I feel. Do you have a preference on these albums?

Whose did you like better? Or do you love them both? Let us know!

Hi everyone! I'm 21 years old, studying Journalism with minors in Creative Writing and Marketing. Her Campus has given me place to write what I want, and I' so glad to share these articles with you!
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.