etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Staycation Ideas for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Spring break is normally when college students book awesome plane tickets to a beautiful destination to spend time with their friends and have a little fun! Not Interested in going anywhere for spring break? No big deal. There are plenty of ways to make this week the best without going anywhere!

Catch some ZZZ’s

Photo courtesy of Pixabay

College involves a lot of stress, and never enough sleep. Take advantage of the peace and quiet you get this week and sleep in or even take naps! You might not get an opportunity like this again until the semester ends. You will need the extra sleep to finish the rest of the semester strong!

Have a Spa Day, or Go to a Spa

Photo courtesy of Pixabay

Do you need a little R&R? Check out your local spas and treat yourself to a day in paradise without spending a fortune. Not interested in going out to a spa? Bring the spa to you! Run yourself a bubble bath and grab a face mask! When you’re done pamper yourself with a manicure.

Pinterest Day

Photo courtesy of Pixabay

Looking to spice up your room or a way to pass time? Pick a few projects out on Pinterest to pursue. This will be a great stress reliever and it will get your creative juices flowing. If you have a crafty side you didn’t know about and are really good, try visiting a local street fair and sell your crafts to make a little extra dough!

Go to the Movies

Photo courtesy of Pixabay

Going to the movies is great all by itself. Catch up with some friends and check out the latest movie! If you’re not interested in going out, grab some popcorn and do a movie marathon! This way you can stay in and spend less money than what you would if you went to the actual theater. Don’t forget the candy!

Tour a Local Factory or Brewery

Photo courtesy of Pixabay

Be a local tourist. Check out your cities best things! From landmarks to the best food, act like you’ve never been there! Touring factories and breweries are great ways to gain some knowledge while eating and drinking as well! Who can complain?

Go Bowling

Photo courtesy of Pixabay

Bowling is a great past-time and a great way to catch up with old friends. It doesn’t cost a ton of money either. Like bowling, lazer tag is another option to get moving while having fun. If you’re more interested in being outdoors, try paintballing. It’s a little more intense but if you like the competition, go for it!

Hang Out with Your Family

Photo courtesy of Pixabay

College is tough for some that live far away or dorm on campus. Take advantage of this break to catch up with your family members and show them how much you have missed them. People often forget how much time flies by when they’re away. Cherish the time that you have and make the best of it.

If you have the time do it all, make the most of your spring break vacation because you may not have another chance to relax until your semester is over!

Hannah is currently a junior journalism major and graphic design minor at Hofstra University. She's a small town girl from Vermont who moved to the big city with high hopes and nowhere near enough money. Hannah has a big heart for animals, writing, designing, and Netflix. She is an aspiring journalist who's bucket list includes traveling around the world and working in the magazine industry.