Stages of Seeing People from High School as Told by Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Coming home from college means seeing everyone from high school. You either loved them, you fake liked them, or you flat out hated them. You’re either one of those people who stayed close to home because they really didn’t want to leave, or you went far, far away in attempts to get away from the crazy high school you came from. These are the stages of seeing people from high school, as told by Friends.

Either you’re super excited to see all of your old friends back home,

Or you would rather just avoid everyone at all costs.

There’s the awkward moment when you run into an ex…

and you think he’s going to be a jerk and make some rude comments,

but then he hits on you instead and you’re totally grossed out.

You go to a party with all your old classmates and talk about all the embarassing things that happened back in high school

and walking to the bathroom you run into the guy you were totally rude to when he asked you to dance at junior prom, he decides he can be totally rude now

and then you see the hot guy you were crushing on all of high school and he tells you that he was crushing too which turns into some hot makeout session in the corner.

While gossiping you find out the girl you sat next to in chemistry who never said a word is now married with a kid

and you remember you really can’t stand these people

Then you realize you go back to school soon and don’t have to see these people for another year.

Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.