This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Ryan Lopez

Age: 19Major: I currently study Film Production and Film Studies at Hofstra University.Class Standing: Sophomore.

Hometown: I was born in the Bronx but have resided in Putnam Valley, NY, for most of my life.

Relationship Status: Single.

Interests: I’m very into movies and making movies, but I also like to ski and play golf. I also enjoy reading and writing. I’m very interested in American History and Philosophy. I am an avid sports fan. 

Favorite Sports Teams: While I love the New York Yankees, New York Knicks and the New York Rangers, my favorite sports team has to be the New York Jets despite their recent shortcomings. 

Pet Peeves: My biggest pet peeve might have to be phones. If you’re one on one with someone in a social setting and they’re sitting there glued to their phone it’s absolutely unacceptable.

Ideal Date: My ideal date would probably consist of a high-class dinner followed by some deep and meaningful conversations.

Man Crush: Probably Jake Gyllenhaal.

What do you look for in a girl: A good sense of humor, romantic and independent.

Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum. 
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!