Profile: Jack Saleeby ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Name: Jack Saleeby

Year: 2016

Hometown: Southbury, CT

Major/Minors: BFA Theatre Arts Performance, Minor in Musical Theatre

What are you involved in on campus?  

I am President of Alpha Psi Omega, the Drama Honors Fraternity as well as member of the Drama and Dance Department’s Student Faculty Advisory Board 

What made you decide to come to Hofstra?

…the cats… and the prestigious Drama program, great student life, beautiful campus, and location to New York City… but first and foremost… the cats.

If they made a film of your life, who would you want to play you?

Leonardo Di Caprio

What is the best concert/show/play you’ve ever been to?

My first concert was Miley Cyrus at the Nassau Coliseum and was a total blast! As for shows and plays, there are too many for me to name.

Jack as Clov in Hofstra’s Fall 2015 Production of Endgame

If you could win a lifetime supply of anything you choose, what would it be?

Puppies! Or cookie dough! Or kale! Preferably all three in a care package!

Favorite Disney Channel Original Movie?

Oh boy oh boy… “Wish Upon a Star” but I’m a sucker for the “Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century” series!

Jack as Bat Boy in Hofstra’s Fall 2014 Production of Bat Boy: The Musical

3 Fun Facts About Yourself

1. In high school, I was a professional rock climber.

2. When I was 5, I sunk to the bottom of the pool in swimming lessons.

3. In college, I was an OL and therefore love the game two truths and a lie. ; )

What advice would you give to an incoming freshman?

Do something new every single day. Every single day, wake up and do one thing big or small differently. You’ll start to see the world differently, experience new things, and take advantage of all that life has to offer!

See Jack this weekend as Peer Gynt in Hofstra’s production of Henrik Ibsen’s Peer Gynt! “Sweeping adventure, heartbreaking romance, madmen, trolls, and the Devil himself all make an appearance in Peer Gynt, Henrik Ibsen’s poetic masterpiece about a lovable rogue who spends his life roaming around the world in an attempt to be somebody, anybody, except himself. Challenging the limits of theatrical convention, Peer Gynt is a feast for the eyes, the ears, and the heart.” 

Friday, April 15 at 8 p.m., Saturday, April 16 at 8 p.m., and Sunday, April 17 at 2 p.m. in the Black Box Theater, New Academic Building.

I'm a senior Theatre Arts Production major at Hofstra University. I'm almost always at rehearsal, reading plays, seeing plays, blogging about plays, or fangirling over plays. My likes include giraffes, Britney Spears, American history and coffee.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.