This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Meet Amber! She is an actively involved and incredibly nice junior here at Hofstra. Amber is an RA, a member of ΔΦΕ, and a dancer!

Name: Amber Bennett

Year: Junior

Hometown: San Diego, California

Major/Minors: Dance major, Religion minor 

What made you decide to come to Hofstra?

As a dance major, I aspired to work in performing arts and that I needed to be close to New York City to do that. Hofstra gave me the close proximity to Manhattan along with a more traditional college campus. 

What are you involved in on campus?

Delta Phi Epsilon Sorority, Resident Assistant 

What do you think you’ve gained from being in a sorority?

Delta Phi Epsilon has helped me gain a sense of interdependency I never had before. Sometimes we learn the hard way that we can’t do everything on our own and thankfully I don’t have to anymore, I have 45 sisters to help me along my way. 

How do you cope with stress?

Great friends, hot tea, and lots of “To Do” lists! 

What’s your favorite on campus food?

Au Bon Pain mac n’ cheese

Best class you’ve taken at Hofstra?

All my dance classes

I'm a senior Theatre Arts Production major at Hofstra University. I'm almost always at rehearsal, reading plays, seeing plays, blogging about plays, or fangirling over plays. My likes include giraffes, Britney Spears, American history and coffee.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.