The Most Dramatic Season Yet of The Bachelor: Season 22 Episode 8

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

We hopped right into hometowns and now this stuff is getting serious! 

We visited Kendall in Los Angeles first, and it was just very uncomfortable the whole time. Kendall said it is hard for her to find people who get her and then the first thing she does with Arie is bring him into a taxidermy room to stuff dead rats. Honey, I wonder why people don’t understand you— you enjoy stuffing dead animals. 

Everyone kept talking about how Kendall is “quirky” and “interesting” and “different” which is code for super weird. Apparently, the weird didn’t scare Arie off because he told Kendall he was falling for her. We still aren’t sure if Kendall is falling for him because she kept her guard up the whole time. All before we even meet her family, who also didn’t approve of Arie. Her dad denied the blessing to be married and said Kendall wasn’t ready. Hmm.

Next, we hopped over to Tia in Weiner, Arkansas. Sweet Tia (pardon the pun, Sweet Tea, Sweet Tia. HA!) kept her southern roots visible while bringing Arie to a racetrack for the time together before the family visit. The highlight was her family, they were so happy to see Tia and her father mispronounced Arie like “air-e” and we all got a good chuckle out of it. 

Everyone liked him though and it was all around a super hometown date. Apparently, they saw Raven, but they decided not to air that part of the episode?

Halfway through with hometown visits Bachelor Nation visited the Bold North of Minneapolis (my home city btw) to meet Becca K.’s family. Becca K. brought Arie to the apple orchard even though it’s super cold in the most Minnesota thing ever. It was a family-friendly date and truly showed her potential in a serious relationship with children and I am a huge fan of this pairing. 

As we meet the family, we learned a lot about Becca’s dad who passed away when she was 19. Her uncles made sure to let Arie know they have their eye on him. 

Anyway, everyone ended up loving Arie and trusted Becca’s decision to be with Arie. It was just such a wholesome visit and the focus really was family and Becca. I am fully on #TeamBecca.

We rounded out hometown week by popping down to Virginia Beach to see Lauren’s family. It was very sweet to see Lauren in her element riding horses on the beach— it was so refreshing to see Lauren actually enjoying herself. Well, it was until we visited the family. They were very skeptical and protective of Lauren at first, but once they started talking to Arie and hearing about how he does service for our troops, they all fell in love with Arie. They continually say that they trust Lauren’s judgment and just want her to be happy. The previews for this visit hyped up the stressful atmosphere, but the family was great and Lauren cried when she told her mom she can see herself spending her life with Arie. 

The rose ceremony took place back in L.A. at the Bachelor Mansion and it was a tough one this time because Arie said he has fallen for all of them and has no idea what decision to make. Everyone was just standing there waiting for him and he just stood there like “IDK what am I supposed to do now that the producers aren’t making my choices for me?” Well, because he had had some concerns with Kendall, he pulled her aside to confront her and ask point blank if she would be ready for an engagement, she said no— but then emotionally vomited all over my TV opening up about her feelings. Still not ready for an engagement Arie gave her a rose, thus sending Tia home for some very odd reason. This whole season has been confusing TBH and Arie always chooses the least obvious girl. It’s ok, Tia will make a great Bachelorette. 

Next week, we get a two night special starting Sunday, February 25 with the Women Tell All and on Monday night, the girls head to Peru both at 8pm ET/ 7 PM CT. 

Memorable Moments from Season 22

First kiss: Brittany T. 

First French kiss: Chelsea

First steal: Makel from Chelsea

First Impression Rose: Chelsea 

First one-on-one date: Becca K. 

First girl sent home on one-on-one: Lauren S.

First trip: Lake Tahoe

Villain: Krystal 

Hometown Visits: Becca K., Kendall, Lauren B., and Tia 

Gifs courtesy of Giphy

Just a Midwest girl exploring the big city.