This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

MAJOR: Theatre Arts Major RTVF Minor

WHAT ARE YOU INVOLVED IN AT HOFSTRA?

“I am an RA. I am in Delta Phi Epsilon, and I am also involved with Alpha Psi Omega, which is the theatre honor society. I have also been cast in some departmental shows.”

WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE HOFSTRA SHOW THAT YOU HAVE BEEN IN?

“That’s a really tough one. Probably last year, I was in the Comedy of Errors as the Courtesan, and it was really wonderful because it was a departmental show, so I got to work with one of my professors as a director, which is really cool to see what kind of director he is.  I got a little more stage time than I have had before, and I loved my cast. It was an all around great experience.”

WHAT IS THE MOST EMBARASSING THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU ON STAGE?

“When I was in high school, I was a newspaper boy for Ragtime. After we finish a song I was the first line, and I go ‘Aw, fuh,’ and I almost cursed on stage. If you were listening intently then you knew that something happened, and then I stopped and recovered and said my line.”

WHAT INTERNSHIPS HAVE YOU HAD?

“I am currently working on my first internship. I am working at CESD Talent Agency. I absolutely love it; I get to learn about the business. I kind of of get to learn the ins and outs of what agents expect and kind of the actors dos and donts, which is really helpful because I think, especially in the department that we have, we build education off of performance and production. Even though I am on a performance track, we don’t get to learn about the other sides. This is whole branch of the entertainment side that you don’t really learn about until you are in the business.”

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO WHEN YOU GRADUATE?

“My plan is to move into the city and audition and work my butt off, making as much money as I can to support myself. But it’s really the goal, I think, to transition from being at home with my parents and being a dependent to being an independent. That’s going to be one of my first big things that I am going to be doing when I graduate. And then kind of just seeing where life takes me.”

Hey Her Campus! I am Peighton Crawford and I am currently a student at Hofstra University! I am originally from Aurora, Colorado, and I am super excited about living in New York. I am interested in anything from fashion to sports. Twitter: @_peighton_ Instagram: peightoncrawford Blog: peightoncrawford.wordpress.com
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!