andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

From Hofstra to Hostel: Planning Your Musical Journey Abroad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Part of the fun with adventuring for a full semester abroad in Europe is the access to music everywhere. Whether you are discovering local bands or your favorite musician does European tours more often than U.S. you have the opportunity to squeeze in as many as possible.

In my case the classes I will be taken are broken up into three sections with two classes in each so I have the advantage of going to class less, to go to concerts, but still receiving maximum credits. #Blessed

In the time I won’t be in class I plan on killing two birds with one stone and seeing every concert my heart desires as I travel. As mentioned in a previous article, I recommend you study abroad in a country with easy and cheap access to others… so basically European countries.

First step on your musical journey is looking up large artists that you already know and love. Look at dates within the study abroad time frame, via Bandsintown, and fingers crossed you’ll be overseas when they are. If you’re feeling spontaneous then buy those tickets now while you have money and the tickets are cheap. If not then just note every concert with the location and country.

After you book the big name famous people then look up local bands and festivals in various countries. Something may peak your interest and honestly I wouldn’t ever turn down the opportunity to explore new music especially if that means you can meet more locals to take you out for the future.

Because I’m feeling generous I will disclose to you my in progress list. Feel free to add these to your list and comment any other concerts worth going to!

Hozier – Paris – January 23rd

Mayday Parade – London – January 30th

We Are Whse: Rumors Festival – London – January 31st

Imagine Dragons – Amsterdam – February 5th

Twenty-One Pilots – London – February 25th

Ellie Goulding – Glasgow – March 18th

Little Mix – London – March 27th

The 1975 – Berlin – April 8th

Pretty much all of these events are mandatory because traveling, music and Instagram are the recipes for an amazing experience and jealousy from your friends back home! Be sure to keep up for the review next semester!

~Safe Travels

Hofstra '17 Hofstra Chapter Vice President (December '16 - December '17) From a young age Naledi has been obsessed with all things pop culture and entertainment. Through writing for Her Campus she has been able to reach a large audience of badass collegiate women who share her crazy passions as well. Beyond Her Campus Naledi is IN LOVE with Hofstra. Her favorite part? The school of comm for allowing her to branch out and get a real dip into the real world prior to graduating. Additionally Naledi is one of those classic people who studies abroad in the spring of 2016 and won't ever stop talking about it! Her best advice? Go and see the world kids and fall in love with your major like Ali and Noah from the Notebook fell in love with each other.