Excitement about the Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

It’s almost the most wonderful time of the year! To my surprise, some may even argue that holidays are actually the worst because of all the effort you have to put into decorating, all the money you end up spending on gifts and worst of all (depending on where you live) the cold, cold weather along with snow. But for many of you, these are just some of the best reasons to look forward to this time of the year. Hopefully, you can relate to the excitement and some of these GIFs this year:

Every store plays your favorite holiday music

But let’s be honest, the radio started playing a LOT of them before Thanksgiving was even over.

Everyone posts a very artsy picture of their decorations on Instagram. It’s basically a competition!

Holiday drinks. Holiday desserts. Holiday coffee.

Admit it, you have been waiting basically all year to take out that now dusty sweater for that ugly sweater party.

You come up with a list of things you “need” especially from the aunt who only visits for the holidays.

Bring out the cute fuzzy socks that nobody will see under your fabulous boots.

You feel bad for whoever doesn’t own a pair of fuzzy socks so you offer your warmth and defend yourself when someone makes fun of them

And probably everyone’s favorite: the movies you can watch with the people you love

Areeba Khan

Hofstra '18

Areeba earned her Master of Health Administration from Hofstra University with distinction after graduating with a Bachelor's in Biology from Hofstra. She currently works at Northwell Direct as a Project Manager. When she's not reading or writing, Areeba is usually trying out a new restaurant or dessert spot with her friends.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.