Director: Ashley Smith ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Ashley Smith

Year: Dec. 2016

Major: Video Television

Ashley is a Video Television major in the Herbert School of Communications who is up to some really cool things! On a normal day can find Ashley busy working on Pride Productions, which films all of the Hofstra athletic and academic events, and Heat Network, which includes the shows like Thursday Night Live, Two Weeks Notice and Hofstra Today. Aside from that, Ashley is part of a Senior capstone television class where she directs a show she and her team have put together! Be sure to check out Live From Studio A on April 11 (TODAY) at 9pm. 

JH: Tell me about Live From Studio A.

AS: It’s a one-hour live concert for an audience but it’s also produced and recorded for television. Part of it is videos, like you’ll see a music video and the other videos introducing you to the band and telling everyone more about them. I’m really excited because we’ve been working on this production since January and I think it’s going to be really cool to see it all come together!

JH: The band playing at Live From Studio A is named Schoeffel. What type of music do they play?

AS: They describe themselves as a three-piece alternative rock, pop and jam band.

JH: As director, what are your responsibilities during the show?

AS: I am responsible for going through all of the songs prior to the show and figuring out the different shots. For example, if there’s a big guitar solo I know to cut to that guitar player. During the show I follow along with the lyrics and call out all of the pre-planned shots to be sure that each important part is hit for the TV audience.

JH: Where can people watch Live From Studio A?

AS: It’s going to be on the live stream on the Live from Studio A Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/LiveFromStudioA/) page April 11th, it will be streaming online, on 88.7fm WRHU, on the Hofstra TV channel 33-2 and live from studio A, room 114 of the Lawrence Herbert School of Communications.

I had a really great time working with my team for the show this semester! We’ve all worked really hard and we hope to see you there tonight! Doors open at 8:45pm and the show starts at 9:00pm.

Live From Studio A Team

Producers: Ani Ghazarossian and Emily Eldredge

Associate Producer: Samuel Work

Director: Ashley Smith

Production Manager: Marc Silverman

Jessica is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Hofstra University's Her Campus Chapter. Jessica, from New Jersey, is a journalism major and psychology minor at Hofstra University. As a dedicated member of her college's Her Campus chapter since her freshman year, she has held the role of staff writer, Snapshot editor, Secretary and now CC. Outside of Her Campus, Jessica's publications include JeannineMorris.com, TheCelebrityCafe.com, FashionWeek.com, The Hofstra Chronicle and the Long Island Report, where she is also a student editor. In her spare time Jessica enjoys being outdoors, camping and hiking, snowboarding in the winter, hitting the Jersey Shore beaches in the summer, working out and spending time with her friends, family, and pets. Check out her fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog at http://Jessie-Leigh.com.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.