Campus Style: Hunter Wright

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.
Hunter Wright
Class: ‘17
Major: Health Science
Hometown: Scottsdale, AZ
What she’s wearing:
Boots: Payless
Jeans: Joe’s Jeans
Shirt: Gift from a friend
Jacket: Zara
Necklace: Forever 21
Earrings: H&M 

How would you describe your style?
I’m usually a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl! I always like jeans and boots then try to wear a nice blouse and accessorize it. It’s kind of chill, not a lot of effort, but still cute!

Do you have a favorite brand of jeans?
Well I really like skinny jeans and I love the brand Flying Monkey.

If you could raid any celebrity’s closet, whose would you raid?
Definitely Sophia Bush. I just love her and she always looks so beautiful on the red carpet. She has really cute hipster-ish outfits that I love. Even when she’s just being natural and not trying really hard it’s super cute and looks very comfortable. She is able to mix her pieces very well!

How does Hofstra style compare to style back at home in Arizona? 
I don’t think there is a huge difference. I mean on campus it’s midterms week so everyone is laid back. But since it’s always sunny in Arizona we wear a lot of shorts, cutoffs and crop tops. We don’t need big winter jackets so it’s definitely different in the winter! I would say it’s more of a “beachy” look at home compared to Hofstra.

MN native navigating NY one selfie at a time. Senior Journalism student at Hofstra University and current HC Chapter Advisor.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!