Breast Cancer Awareness Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

October is here! And you know what that means… National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and you can bet Hofstra is thinking pink!

This month is all about getting people informed about breast cancer, from learning how to spot the symptoms to where you can get help and treatment if you are diagnosed.

Everyone on campus, from the Greeks to the National Red Cross club, is participating in one great event: the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk at Jones Beach on October 20th!

You can help one of our school’s many participating clubs and teams raise money to fund breast cancer research all while having a great day at the beach.        

There is a five-dollar minimum donation to the cause that goes towards the organization of your choice’s team. OSLA is even providing transportation for the first 40 students who sign up to walk for their team.

The walk starts at 9:30 am, and teams will meet on the Jones Beach Boardwalk.  So grab your sunglasses and make a day of it ladies!

We collegiettes have the power to make a difference. Help raise awareness about the cancer that affects most women. To learn more, you can check out the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer and Hofstra OSLA websites.

Let’s think pink!

Brianna is a proud Long Islander finishing her graduate journalism degree here at Hofstra. The East Meadow native wears many hats on campus, including Assistant News Director at WRHU, Grad Assistant at the Center for Civic Engagement and of course Treasurer here at Her Campus Hofstra! Brianna is currently interning at Fox News. But until she can go set the journalism world on fire, she’ll just have to settle for planning adventures abroad, binge watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix and commiserating about her beloved New York Jets. Follow her on Twitter at @BriannaBorresen!