10 Reasons Why December is the Best Month of the Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

For collegiettes, the month of December means one thing: finals. Most of us will spend the first half of the month living in the library with an IV of coffee, and the second half of the month catching up on sleep. Believe it or not, December can still be as joyous as it once was when we were kids, and we are here to tell you why.

Christmas music is playing nonstop.

Pretty lights EVERYWHERE.

You never have to search for a movie to watch because 25 Days of Christmas is on.

It’s sweatshirt/fuzzy sock/puffy jacket season.

New York City is like a fairytale, if you’re lucky enough to go.

Your diet consists of hot chocolate and Christmas cookies.

Peppermint-flavored anything > Pumpkin Spice. Sorry not sorry.

The mall may be a zoo, but just remember gifts are coming your way too!

Endless holiday parties to go to.

And most importantly, the end of finals.

Jersey girl. Senior Accounting major at Hofstra University. Treasurer for Hofstra's Her Campus chapter. Raven loves entertainment, fashion, and fitness, and has a true passion for journalism. Be sure to check out her favorite form of social media, Pinterest: /ravenjtak
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.