Campus Cutie: Elina Pajula

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Major: Food Biotechnology (Master’s degree)

Year: 6th

Hometown: Hollola

Hobbies: Working out at the gym

What are your favourite pizza toppings?

Pepperoni, pineapple, mozzarella and extra tomato sauce.

Name a book you read at school that has positively shaped you.

I read Milan Kundera’s The Unbearable Lightness of Being the first time in high school and I remember loving his unusual take on human relationships. I read the book again last year and I was surprised at how I related to the characters on a completely different level.   

What is the best way to decompress?

Spending the weekend surrounded by nature and as far away from traffic noise and modern technology as possible.

A place you wish you could visit?

Alaska! I want to explore the nature, sleep in igloos and eat lots of exotic food.

What’s the hardest part about being a student?

Not having the financial means to travel as much as I’d want or spend more on my hobbies.

Who would you love to have coffee with?

I’d love to go back in time and ask Neil Armstrong about flying through space and, since I study food biotechnology, whether he can get me involved with researching meal plans for space travels. If it can be a fictive person, then definitely the Doctor [from Doctor Who], since I’m a big fan of the show!

Lyra Li

Helsinki

A perpetual dreamer searching for new adventures, more crime novels to read and the determination to become a minimalist.