1. Time management: The idea of having two hour-and-a-half classes, or even worse three classes in a day is a nightmare. I often find my self asking myself how I even got up and went to school for six straight hours of classes. Of course picking our own schedule in college is awesome and definitely has its perks, but time management is one thing that all college freshmen must learn. During the day when I have an hour or two of free time, its very easy for me to want to take a nap or catch up on Greys Anatomy; however, I have realized that getting even a little bit of work done makes my life a lot easier down the road
2. Boys: For those of you who haven’t learned this yet—Haverford is a small school. You are going to see a large majority of the male population for the next two, three or even four years. Don’t burn any bridges.
3. Sports: As any student athlete can tell you, the key to maintaining good standing in the GIAC is to get on Cory’s good side as soon as possible. This includes: good posture, abs braced, control of your body and frequent discussion of your six meals throughout the day. In addition, survival depends on your heavy reliance on the laundry loop. Embrace it! It is one of the best things to exist. Don’t be skeptical about it—all you need to know is that when you get ready for practice the next day your loop will be there waiting for you full of all your clean clothes. In the wise words of Cory Walts “be an athlete.”
4. Living: Getting accustomed to being in a dorm with new people is definitely an adjustment. Just remember to be considerate. Don’t let your mess spill onto your roommate’s sides of the room or worse into the hallway. I know most rooms are small, but chances are you have a single,so embrace having your own space (Gummere really isn’t as bad as people make it out to be).
5. Going out: Always dress to impress! Words to live by, whether you are going out on a Saturday night or on your way to go study.It can't hurt to throw on a little makeup or spend an extra second doing your hair or putting some effort into your appearance. Situations are fun as you make them, enjoy yourself and put all awkwardness aside.
Top 5 Lessons You Learn Freshman Year
Posted Apr 12 2012 - 9:37pm
You Might Also Like...