Oooh La La, it’s Aritzia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Attractive, man-bunned men in sleek black smiled from the entrance; a mercifully filtered photo booth snapped profile-worthy pictures of passerby; free champagne bounced from trays to stomachs to smiles; unlimited piles of canapes danced around and around, waiting to be consumed by eager fingers. Was this Heaven? No — close. It was the Aritzia Boston store opening last Thursday night at the Shoppes at the Prudential Center.

Aritzia, a woman’s fashion boutique with locations in New York, San Francisco, Montreal, and more, treated their new Boston store’s shoppers to a night of shopping, treats, and celebratory indulgence at their opening party last Thursday night. Her Campus Harvard rolled four deep to the extravaganza to scope the place out, shop, and find out more.

The store, located in the Pru near LuluLemon, is pretty easy to get to — just take the 66 bus to Newbury street, and walk for less than 10 minutes. Once you get to Aritzia, be prepared to spend somewhere between a roomie’s birthday dinner and your textbooks — the store is pricey, but it’s high-quality brands and vibrant atmosphere make it seem worth the indulgence.

Although the best part of the store at the opening party was arguably the trendy bar in the back corner serving hipster cocktails (ie things with chunks of leaves and gin), the rest of the store is perfectly worth going to as well: the reasonably priced dresses are simple, versatile, and perfect for everything from a night at Naga to a spring day where you’re “feelin yourself” (misquoting Nikki but you get it); the athletic wear is super cute (especially the sports bras) and looks like it could actually handle being worn during athletic activity (yes, I’m throwing shade at things like Urban’s athletic collection, that don’t even hold down my A-cup boobs during cardio); and lastly, the accessories, like their giant blanket scarves, make the perfect winter gift to your sad, thesising friends who just need some lovin’.

But don’t take my word for it — kick ass on your midterms this week, and then gtfo of Harvard. Hit up the Pru, buy some pretty shit, and even check out this new salad place on Boylston, Sweetgreen, my friends are raving about for a break from HUDS. You deserve to leave the library. You deserve a blanket scarf.