This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

This weeks Campus Cutie is Kibriya Kafele. She is a first-year Strategic Communications major from Jersey City, New Jersey. Kibriya is involved in YAAC and College Girls. Keep reading to find out about this week’s Campus Cutie!

HC: How are you making your mark on Hampton’s campus?

I’m making my mark on campus by definitely getting involved to meet and network with different people from all over. I also participated in events such as the freshman fashion show, BOTS reunion (Battle of the States)  and Celebrity Wannabe.

HC: What advice would you give to someone who is trying to come out of their comfort zone?

I would tell them to just go for it and be yourself. If it’s something you really want to try, other people’s opinions are irrelevant.

HC: What is your skin regime?

My skin care regime is easy. I wash my face with “Norema” every morning and before I go to bed. Then for moisture I use 100% Shea Butter mixed with Jergen’s Shea Butter lotion.

HC: What was the highlight of your freshman year?

The highlight of my freshman year was celebrating my birthday in Hampton. Prior to coming to Hampton I’ve never spent my birthday outside of New Jersey. Seeing my new found friends come together to make sure my birthday was the best day ever really made the day worth while.

HC: If you could solve one problem in the world what would you change?

One problem I would change is world hunger.

HC: What is a recent struggle you were faced with?

A recent struggle I faced was letting the negativity of others affect my happiness.

HC: What life lesson or insight have you gained from that struggle?

I learned that certain people are just not meant to be in your life.

HC: What are you looking forward to in summer 2018?

I’m looking forward to all the social events and going on vacation with my family

HC: Who do you want to see in concert this summer?

DRAKE! Hopefully he comes to a city near me!  

Thanks for checking out this week’s Cutie!

Anyaé Johns

Hampton U '21

Anyaé Johns is a graduating senior Journalism major/Leadership Studies and Cinema Studies minor from New Jersey. Anyaé is a part of the William R. Harvey Leadership Institute, HerCampus, NAACP, Phi Eta Sigma, and the Hampton Script. She is a writer and a mentor.
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.