This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

The way we date in college or just dating in general for our generation has completely changed the dating game. With us  being heavily involved on social media our dating has become built around it and influenced by it.

“Being behind the screen makes it  easier to talk to someone then in front of their  face” Orwyn Allicock, Freshman pre-med biology major, on why our generation uses social media and apps to date.

Apps like Tinder and Bumble were created for dating purposes. Instead of meeting new people face to face they are all put  in one place. Other apps like twitter and snapchat have become normal places to meet new people.

Relationship goals have become things that should be a norm in a relationship. People seek and build relationships based off tweets and other meaningless post. Instead of getting to know and individual and growing with them.

Our generation is also afraid of commitment. People rack up one-night stands, “situatonships’ side-pieces, and other things  because they feel as if they can’t be all about one person. Sure, everyone tweets about how their faithful and ready to settle down but fail to change their actions

The cyber connections have ruined our chances at real love.

Natalie Turman

Georgia Southern '20

PR major at Georgia Southern | IG: Natalie_Turman “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.