Hunger Games: Jennifer Lawerence Make-Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Unless you live under a rock, you’ve probably heard about the current epidemic that is the Hunger Games. I am personally a massive fan of the books, and saying I was pretty excited about the movie is an understatement. The movie’s star, Jennifer Lawrence, was obviously inspired by her character, Katniss Everdeen’s “girl on fire” theme, and translated it into a beautiful bronzed look for the L.A premier. Interested in achieving the look? Keep reading.

Start by applying an eye primer. Then, use a bronze cream shadow as a base on your eyelid for the powder eye shadows you’ll apply later. I’m currently obsessed with Maybelline’s Color Tattoo Gel-Cream eye shadows, and “Bad to the Bronze” is the perfect shade for this look. After you’ve applied your base, use a creamy black eyeliner pencil to line your upper lash line. Blend the line out to achieve that smoky effect. I love Nyx’s Slide On Glide On pencils for this cause they blend easily, but will set and last for hours. Next, blend a golden bronze eye shadow into your crease. Line your lower lash line with that creamy black pencil, and smudge it out with a small brush with that same golden bronze shade used in your crease. Finish with loads of mascara!

Jennifer has flawless skin in this look, so apply your favorite foundation and conceal any trouble spots. To create that goddess glow she was rocking, apply bronzer to the sides of your forehead and along your jaw. Then, use a peachy pink blush with gold shimmer along your cheeks. I love The Balm’s Hot Mama blush because it gives a perfect flush while also acting as a highlighter. Finish the whole look off with your favorite nude lipstick, and your transformation is complete!

This dramatic look is perfect for a night out with your girlfriends. Throw on your favorite little black dress and some heels, and maybe even try a braided look inspired by Katniss Everdeen herself. This bronze look is great for the approaching summer months because it really complements tanned skin. Give it a try!

Jordan Fontenot

George Mason University

Jordan Fontenot is a senior at George Mason University and is a Communication major with a concentration in Public Relations and a double minor in Business and Tourism and Events Management. When she's not busy with school, working at a local boutique, or writing for Her Campus, she loves to work out at the campus gyms or go shopping with her friends. Jordan is obsessed with Harry Potter, chai tea lattes, and New Girl.
Sabel is a senior at George Mason University majoring in History and Economics. Although she'd rather stay a student forever, she is excited to see what the future brings her in the fashion industry. Besides her endeavors at HerCampus, Sabel is a Style Guru for CollegeFashionista.com writing the Style Advice of the Week column for Mason. Adding to her busy schedule are her duties in her sorority, volunteering for Operation Smile, contributing to the social media world, feeding her soda addiction, shopping at J.Crew and coloring everything around her pink. And yes, the last three are major priorities in her book.