etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Spring Break Tips from Roxanne and Suzanne of DictationLIVE

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

“Where you go deep with Roxanne and Suzanne, as we give you the news and a little bit more” is the promo of DictationLIVE, which was the #1 listened to program at GMU from 2013-2015 and rated the best of WGMU. On DictationLIVE, these fierce women talk about anything and everything from social justice to sexual health. There are no boundaries, no limits, no hymens with Roxanne and Suzanne.

I got a chance to sit down with the hosts of DictationLIVE and get some advice for spring break. Here are their tips for having a killer spring break:

1.    Buy a 64 ounce Igloo.

Who wants to pay for water when you’re on vacation? Not us! You definitely won’t need to with this reusable bottle! You may be a little more adventurous and choose to use this for alcohol and according to Suzanne, you can probably fit about 8 margaritas in there.

2.    Pack the appropriate clothes.

The picture pretty much speaks for itself, but I’m going to break it down anyways: Don’t do this. Definitely don’t expect to wear a swimsuit if you’re going somewhere that’s going to be less than 60 degrees, especially if there’s snow on the ground.

3.    Download Uber or Lyft.

Who wants to drive on vacation? Also, you shouldn’t be behind the wheel if you’ve been drinking. You can catch a $15 ride on Roxanne or Suzanne by using their Uber codes listed below!

Roxanne: RoxanaK35UE

Suzanne: SuzyH304UE 

4.    Go on Groupon.

Who doesn’t love a great time and a great deal? Sometimes, you’ll even find things you wouldn’t have originally thought of doing, like a paint and sip!

5.    Don’t worry about what you look like before spring break.

“There’s only so much you can do,” says Roxanne. Everyone is on vacation and trying to have a good time, so no one will really care what you look like. Keep the body positivity going and have fun doing it!

6.    Locate the closest grocery store.

You never know when you’re going to get the late night munchies, so it’s definitely important to stock up on snacks.  

7.    No tattoos on vacation.

Spring break is supposed to be fun and about getting away from the stresses of school. However, this is not the time to make a big impulse decision such as getting a tattoo! Don’t let your spring break be ruined by a decision that you might regret later on.

Have a fun and safe spring break, GMU collegiettes!

Also, don’t forget to check out DictationLIVE on Soundcloud and give them a follow on Twitter: @DictationLIVE!

Juliane Veloso

George Mason University

Juliane is a Her Campus alumna. She started her time in HC as a Writer for HC George Mason. Her passion for HC led her to work on the National level as a Campus Expansion Assistant, Campus Correspondent, Chapter Advisor, and Viral Content Writer. Juliane is now a Digital Strategist for a Fortune 500 company. Follow her on Instagram: @julianemariev
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com