This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Watch out everyone! Jasmine Young, this week’s campus celebrity, is preparing to become one of the country’s future movers and shakers of society. Whether she wants to be a Supreme Court judge or the first woman to become President of the United States, Jasmine has the drive and passion to make all of her dreams come true. Here’s a little information about a girl who is on her way to taking the world by storm!   

Major: Integrative Studies with a concentration in legal studies; minor in communication. 

Year: 2014

Hometown: Chesapeake, VA

Involvement on Campus: Class Council (2014), Mason Votes (executive editor), Akoma Circle (mentor), BSA, Miss Black GMU (1st Runner up), Resident Advisor, Information Desk (Desk Assistant), Phi Alpha Delta (pre-law fraternity) Founding President of the Multicultural Pre Law Association, Girl Power United (mentor).

HC: Girl Power United is an organization that seems very important to you, what is it and why is it so important?

Jasmine Young: Girl Power United is a non-profit organization that focuses on helping girls ages 12-19  get into college through mentor programs within the community. This organization started in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, then migrated north creating a chapter in the Northern Virginia region. Our ultimate goal is to reach out to girls through awareness, inspiration, and education. Also through GPU, I was able to put on a talent show this past summer which is something  I’ve always wanted to do. With the help of the founders of Girl Power United, who are also my mentors, I was able to give scholarships to girls who participated in the show.

HC: How can others get involved with Girl Power United?

JY: They can go to www.girlpowerunited.org for information about fundraisers and information about partnering with the GPU organization.

HC: What are you future goals?

JY: I want to go to law school, and my ultimate goal is to become a judge.

A Few of Her Favorite Things!

Favorite Music: Pretty much anything, but I listen to a lot of Beyonce, Aaliyah,  and Mariah Carey.

Favorite TV shows: Scandal, Law & Order, and Criminal Minds.

Celebrity Crush: President Barack Obama,

Favorite memory at GMU: Miss Black GMU- I entered the pageant after two semesters of being at Mason, so it was to nice be a representative and show people a little bit more about myself.  

Nia King

George Mason University

George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com