This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Name: Pearse Swail

Age: 19

Relationship Status: In a committed relationship

Position in Phi Kappa Sigma: Philanthropy Chair

What does your position entail?: Planning and executing fundraising and community service events that benefit a multitude of causes, specifically our national philanthropy: the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

What is your favorite part about being Philanthropy Chair?: It is the most rewarding feeling to be able to host events and achieve or surpass fundraising goals, especially since it all goes to such great causes

What events do you have coming up?: Greene Turtle Fundraiser tomorrow from 11 am – 2 am, Light the Night Walk on Saturday, and hopefully trying to get a themed puppy/Brother calendar done for the holidays.

What is your dream date?: Going for a day drive through the mountains, finding a scenic place to stop for a picnic and hike around a bit, and then watching the sunset and stars for awhile in the mountains before going home. 

Describe yourself in 3 words: I am: Caring, Respectful, and Persevering.

Haley McComber

George Mason University

Senior at GMU. Member of Gamma Phi Beta. Lover of coffee and all that glitters.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com