Campus Cutie: Michael Latimer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Hometown: Miami, Florida

Year: Sophomore

Major: Environmental Science with a concentration in Conservation

Relationship status: Single

Hobbies: Napping, Netflix, watching movies, and wandering around cities

Favorite sport: Beach volleyball

Favorite holiday: Is my birthday a holiday?

What made you choose Mason? I chose Mason primarily because of its proximity to DC, and I am always up for new adventure.

What do you miss the most about Miami? I definitely miss going to the beach!

What do you love the most about GMU? The best part of GMU for me has been all of the amazing people I have gotten to meet here so far.

Where do you want to live after college? I will probably choose to either stay here, or move to San Diego, California. I’d love the weather there and there are so many opportunities there in the field I want to work in.

If you were offered a free plane ticket to anywhere, where would you go? I’d go to Brazil or South Africa. I would love to experience the culture. In Brazilian cities, there’s a mix of both natural beauty and beautiful culture.

What is one thing on your bucket list? Before I die I want to travel to all 7 continents.

How would your friends describe you in 3 words? They would probably say I’m loyal, approachable, and lovable.  

What are three things you would ask a fairy godmother for? I’d ask for free tuition, a vacation, and some extra spending money.

What are three things you couldn’t live without? I couldn’t live without my phone, my laptop, and my friends and family.

What would you say is your most prized possession? I have this silver bracelet that I got in Colombia with the Colombian colors. I was given to me by my great grandmother, so I hold it very close to my heart.

Do you have any celebrity crushes? Hillary Duff was the original bae, and she still is.

Describe your ideal date: My ideal date would definitely include going into the city with lots of free time. I’m a big fan of spontaneity. I really like going into the city, and it’s nice to just go and explore. There is so much history and always lots of things to do.

Describe your ideal girl: My ideal girl would be independent and confident. I find self-confidence very attractive.

What advice would you give a girl trying to impress you? Be yourself!

Rondene Grinam

George Mason University

Rondene is a senior at Mason, pursuing a bachelor's degree in communication/public relations with minors in journalism and global affairs. Currently, Rondene is an intern at the British Embassy in DC, the PR Secretary for Mason Student Government, and a proud sister of Alpha Omicron Pi. She enjoys reading, writing, traveling, writing about traveling, and eating macaroni and cheese.Feel free to follow her on Twitter: @RonniTheRiveter
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com