This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Meet Sarah Meade: an avid supporter of Mason Athletics and an alumni from George Mason University and the Mason LIFE Program.  Sarah is currently working at the Recreational and Ahtletic Complex (RAC) and in her spare time hangs out with her friends and family to cheer on Patriots-especially the Baseball team.  The Mason Learning into Future Environments (LIFE) Program serves to provide young adults, whose disabilities have traditionally excluded them from higher education, with an inclusive university experience that will further their academic skills, prepare them for employment, and encourage independent living in their communities. Sarah is a great example of how valuable and beneficial the Mason Life Program is. The program has given her best friends as well as develop her work ethic and become a succesful woman today. Read below to get to know Sarah!

1. Where are you from? Maryland

2. What were you involved in at Mason?I was a part of Patriot Platoon and Mason Life.

3. What was your favorite part about Patriot Platoon? I loved going to the basketball games-they were so much fun! It was so nice to be a part of that.

4. Are you more of a hunter or gatherer? I think I am more of a gatherer. Personality wise I am more of a gatherer. 

5. What do you like to do in your free time?  I like going to the games-tonight I am going to the mens soccer game with Lauren (Hyer) and Yahya (Alwazir)-who are also in the Mason Life program. 

6. How did you become such a huge supporter of the baseball team? In one of my classes there was a baseball player-he was a senior 2 years ago- and he invited me out to the games and told me I should go and support. I became friends with the guys so I love cheering them on. I see them when I go to other games as well and they always say hi. 

7. Why did you choose Mason? I loved that Mason had a lot of people-I wanted a college where I could meet a lot of different people and become friends with them. 

Be sure to check out Mason Life program and all the good they are doing- not to mention the amazing individuals that make up the program!

Kayla Hanigan

George Mason University

Currently a Senior majoring in Elementary Education with a minor in Mild Disabilities. A member of Alpha Phi sorority, Serengetee Campus Rep and a part of Leadership and Community Engagement LLC. Most likely found obsessing over Goats
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com