This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Have you ever wondered what all the fuss was about when it came to this super-baggy trend?  Is it the stylish cut or the versatility?  Step out of your skinny jean comfort zone and try these stylish boyfriend jeans.  They are essentially known as the “sweats of denim world,” that can be worn extra baggy or low rise with a slouch or relaxed fit.  The cut depends on every college fashionista’s personal style and flare, because every girl is different.  Luckily for her, so are these!  They can fit a variety of shapes and sizes.  This trend is so versatile, you can dress them up or down and it will definitely make transitioning into the fall semester a whole lot easier.

Intern Ready

Tired of fidgeting in a tight pencil skirt from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., as you run back and forth to the supply closet?  If so, this if for you!  Dress up a pair of nice boyfriend jeans (no holes!) with a blouse, a blazer and a ferocious clutch.  You can even try spicing things up by popping a color…and then watch the MAGIC happen!  This outfit gives you a more lax but professional look all in one.  These jeans can be found in New York & Company and Express stores at both Fair Oaks and Tyson’s Corner Malls. 

College Prep

Who said the Ivy League ladies got to have all the fun?  With the fall season and cool weather approaching fast, it is important that we bundle up in our preppy layers.  For those ladies who love the layered collar and sweater look, pay close attention!  The boyfriend jean trend is so chic and it goes with almost everything.  Who would ever think that boyfriend jeans would go well with collared shirts.

Causal Class

If you have more of the laid back sense of style then this is for you! Neutrals are a must during fall semester and it gives a fresh and clean look.  Pair a simple graphic tee or tank top with your favorite pair of boyfriend jeans and there you have it.  You could also pop a fun color that livens up your wardrobe.    

Campus Cutie

For those college beauts that enjoy lounging on campus with tons of assignments due by midnight?  Of course not!  There are ways to tackle those assignments in a lax and stylish, cute-but-not-trying way.  Throw on a cozy tunic and bring out the extra-baggy boyfriend jeans. If you are crafty and think you can make these on your own, give it a try! Be brave and start distressing.  Leather ankle booties and ballet flats go great with this look.

Christen Roberts

George Mason University

Christen is a communication major, concentrating in public relations and double minoring in events management and journalism at George Mason University. She serves as Co-Vice President of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars and as an executive board director of the Patriot Activities Council in the Office of Student Involvement. She is also a member of the GMU PINK street team. When she is not working an event on-campus or at the gym, she likes to shop and catch up on the latest trends in the fashion magazines. She is currently obsessed with organic food and Whole Foods. You can catch her on Twitter @C0SM0_girl.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com