8 Gifts Ideas For the Mom That’s Difficult to Shop For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Every year when I ask my Mom what she wants for Christmas, she always says something along the lines of “I don’t want anything, you, your sister and your dad are all I need.”

But, of course I’m still going to get her something because she deserves it more than anyone else. Here are a few ideas for gifts to buy a mom who is as difficult to buy for as mine.

1.  Coffee or tea and mugs

My mom loves nothing more than a cup of coffee to wake up in the morning and a warm cup of tea before bed. Try getting your mom a new mug and filling it with her favorite flavor K-Cup or tea bags. World Market has lots of adorable mugs that come in sets for a reasonable price so your mom will never have to worry about not being able to find a mug!Via World Market

2. Spa items

There’s nothing better than hopping into a warm tub after a long day at work. To help make this experience even more relaxing, try giving your mom some bath bombs or oils to enjoy. Also, try buying these products from Lush since they use all natural ingredients in their products and do not test on animals. You can feel good about gifting them!

Via Lush

3. Mason mom apparel

You already know she’s incredibly proud of you for getting into college, let her celebrate even more with a shirt or hat that’ll let everyone know she’s a George Mason mom!

Related: Online Shopping Tips to Help You Save This Holiday Season

Via Barnes and Noble College

4. Jewelry

What mom doesn’t love getting a new bracelet or pair of earrings as a gift? One thing that I love is getting a set of matching mother-daughter bracelets, which you can find from many retailers, including Alex and Ani!

Related: 12 Signs You’re Ready For Christmas

Via Alex and Ani

5. Kitchen accessories

In my house, we all love to bake and cook but none of us like to wash the dishes. This leads to a lack of measuring cups and other essential items needed for cooking. If you have a similar issue at home, try buying your mom some new bowls or a new attachment for her Kitchenaid mixer. My mom personally LOVES the Pioneer Woman kitchen collection from Walmart.Via Walmart

6. House decor

My mom is currently in the process of repainting our house and needs new wall decorations to match. You can find adorable items with a “family” theme all over Etsy that your mom will absolutely love!Via HintofJuniper on Etsy

7. Something sentimental

What mom doesn’t love a good ol’ sentimental gift that’ll make her cry? Try recreating an old photo with your siblings or framing some of your old artwork for her to hang up in the house.Via Imgur

8. Gift cards

When in doubt, you can never go wrong with a simple gift card. How about one for a place that your mom hardly ever gets to go to, like a day spa or a nice restaurant (my mom’s personal favorite is Bonefish Grill).Via Pixabay

Happy shopping, collegiettes!

Amanda Snead

George Mason University '21

Amanda is a senior at George Mason where she is majoring in Communication with a concentration in journalism and minoring in women and gender studies. She currently serves as Her Campus George Mason's president and Campus Correspondent. She has previously served as the Editor in Cheif and Senior Editor. Additionally, she worked as a Branded Content Intern for Her Campus nationally as well as a Chapter Advisor. She spends her free time writing articles, perfecting her Animal Crossing island and hanging out with her pets.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com