5 Places You’d Rather Be Than Studying for Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

By now, you’ve probably either started studying for finals or started brainstorming how to procrastinate studying for finals. Of course, typical procrastination methods include looking at Facebook a million times, putting clothes in an online shopping cart that will never make it to check out, or watching endless Tasty videos while eating Ramen. Instead of spending the whole time doing that, allocate your time to look at some pretty pictures of places that you could be (imaginary) planning to go to sometime.

1. Cancun, Mexico

If we had a dollar for every time we went on Instagram and liked a picture of one of our friends at the beach in Cancun, we’d would be rich. Besides the beautiful beaches, Cancun actually has cute open-air markets, an infinite amount of restaurants, and vibrant nightlife – basically the perfect place to vacation.

2. Cinque Terre, Italy

Cinque Terre is just as beautiful in person as well as pictures. Cinque Terre is a small town off the Italian coast. Cinque Terre is so small and hidden that it is only accessible by a train that runs every day to cart tourists and residents to and from the area.

3. London, England

So what if London is rainy and cold 90% of the time? Would you rather be waiting in line to buy a green scantron, or waiting in line to board the London Eye? Pro tip: Plane tickets to London during Spring Break are $600 round trip on certain airlines, so be on the lookout!

4. New York, New York

There’s so much to do in New York that’s better than finals — shopping, eating at overpriced restaurants, or even just walking around Times Square for hours.

5. Your Family’s House

Out of all these places that were mentioned, there’s no place like home. Home is where your mom will (reluctantly) do your laundry, you can finally eat home-cooked meals, and you don’t have to worry about finding a place to study for finals. Although it may not be in the most exotic location, home is always the best place to visit because you can finally relax and hang out with the people that matter most to you.

Anya Shelton

George Mason University

I am a freshman student at Mason coming all the way from Destin, FL. I am currently majoring in Communications with a concentration in Public Relations. 
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com