Self-Love Playlist to Get You Through the Last Month of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

It’s that time of the semester again. April is that dreaded last month before all those papers you keep telling yourself you’re going to write over the weekend are due—not to mention the ever-looming nightmare that is finals week. If you aren’t feeling super overwhelmed with academics at this point, please tell me your secret. The pile of work we all have to get done within the next 4 weeks (!) can feel like the weight of the world, but luckily there’s a few things that can get us through. If you’re in need of a little pick-me-up in the form of girl-power self-love anthems this April, you’ve come to the right place. Listen during the walk to and from the library, in the shower, or while having a little de-stressing solo dance party—just keep loving yo’self.

1. After The Storm – Kali Uchis feat. Tyler, The Creator & Bootsy Collins

2. Holy – Jamila Woods

3. Coconut Oil – Lizzo

4. This Body – BAUM

5. I Am Me – Sampa the Great

6. F**k with Myself – Banks

7. Personal – Kehlani

8. Excellent – Princess Nokia

9. Water Me – Lizzo

10. Stay Ready – Kona

11. Citrine Dreams – The Bishops

12. Gold – Marina and the Diamonds

13. Absolutely – Ra Ra Riot

14. Because I’m Me – The Avalanches

15. State of the Union – Junglepussy

Follow Her Campus @ Geneseo on FacebookTwitterInstagram, and Pinterest.

Carolyn is a student of History and French with a passion for social justice, learning, art, and music. She's a member of the Voices for Planned Parenthood, the Phi Alpha Theta honor society and the Phi Eta Sigma honor society. She plans on studying abroad in Dublin in the spring and backpacking around Europe all summer. Carolyn can almost always be found somewhere in Milne Library with a big cup of tea and a large stack of books.
Victoria Cooke is a Senior History and Adolescence Education major with a Women's and Gender Studies minor at SUNY Geneseo. Apart from being an editor and the founder of Her Campus at Geneseo, she is also the co-president of Voices for Planned Parenthood and a Curator for TEDxSUNYGeneseo. Her passions include feminism, reading, advocating for social justice, and crafting. In the future, she hopes to inspire the next generation of history nerds and activists.