bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Is Halo Top Ice Cream Worth the Hype?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

If you are a lover of ice cream, you have probably heard of the phenomenon that is Halo Top. This new dessert craze is a healthy version of ice cream, which just sounds too good to be true. As a self-proclaimed ice cream connoisseur, I made it a priority to test this ice cream and determine whether this healthy alternative could measure up to the deliciousness of real ice cream.

Halo Top is marketed as “healthy ice cream,” which sounds like an oxymoron. The ice cream company prides itself in producing a low-calorie, high-protein, and low-sugar dessert, which causes people to question its ingredients. Much to my surprise, Halo Top is made of natural, fresh ingredients to make it taste like regular ice cream. Looking at the nutrition label feels like a dream – is the entire pint really only 240 calories?! 

When I went to try Halo Top, I went straight for my favorite flavors of real ice cream: Chocolate, Mint Chip, and Vanilla Bean. I was extremely skeptical of a healthy ice cream having an authentic taste, but after one spoonful of Halo Top’s Chocolate ice cream, I fell in love. You can definitely tell that the frozen dessert is not the same thing as true ice cream, its flavor and texture are so similar. For best results, leave your pint of Halo Top out on the counter a few minutes before enjoying so that it can achieve the same creamy texture as other ice creams.

Overall, Halo Top is definitely worth the hype. It may not be true ice cream, but its natural ingredients, high-protein/low-carb content and lack of preservatives or artificial sweeteners make it a delicious treat free of guilt. Why not eat the entire pint if it’s less than 300 calories? See how Halo Top compares to other store-bought ice cream brands:

So what are you waiting for? Go grab a pint of Halo Top and see for yourself! Ten brand new flavors of the healthy ice cream were just released, including Red Velvet, Sea Salt Caramel, and Peanut Butter Cup (my personal favorite is Oatmeal Cookie). Halo Top has a flavor for everyone See how delicious this guilt-free ice cream tastes – you may never miss the real thing again!

Her Campus GCSU Campus Correspondent. Senior Mass Communication major with a focus in Journalism. Cat mom, writer, avid concert-goer, iced coffee addict.