Easy Recipes for Broke College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Here are some recipes me and my roommates have thrown together this year while living in our apartment! It may be easier for those who have their own kitchen, but can still be attempted in dorm kitchens!

1. Yogurt Bowl

Throwing together a bowl of yogurt, granola, nuts and fruit can be a great little meal at any time of the day! It’s quick, easy and doesn’t require any cooking.

2. Vegetable Soup

I know canned soup is always a very easy option, but if you can’t find one you like or want it to be a little healthier try making your own! Recently I have thrown together my version of a cheap, easy college student vegetable soup! All I did was cut up vegetable I like, steam them and then pour in some vegetable broth and let it boil in it for a couple of minutes! It came out really good and is great on a cold fall/winter day! You could also do this with chicken noodle soup just by adding in some cooked chick and pasta with chicken broth!

3. Quesadilla

Take two pieces of tortilla bread and sprinkle some cheese with any choice of toppings you prefer! Throw it in the oven for a few minutes (keep checking) and when the edges are crispy and the cheese is melted take it out, throw some sour cream and salsa on your plate and you have a nice homemade quesadilla!

4. Burrito Bowl

Just take some rice, chicken and beans throw it in a bowl and add some salsa and you got yourself one tasty burrito bowl! Sometimes I will even add chopped up avocado to switch things up. You can put in any type of combination you like!

5. Overnight Oats

Put some oatmeal in a container with some water, your favorite fruits and toppings and let it sit in the fridge for the night! It will be ready for you in the morning and is a nice cool breakfast for those hot, sunny days!

6. Nachos

Throw a plate of chips, shredded cheese, salsa and beans in the microwave and you got some nice hot and ready nachos ready for dinner!

yo
Graduate from Framingham State University. Communication Arts major, and Writing minor. Former Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Framingham and current After College writer! I'm passionate about tv shows, comedy, music, and cheese fries and take them all very seriously.