#OverheardAtFordham: October 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

One of my favorite pastimes as I’m walking from place to place on campus is shamelessly eavesdropping. Sometimes all you need to survive that walk to your least favorite class in FMH (such a depressing building) is to overhear something hilarious or shocking. Most of the time, my first inclination is to text my friends whatever ridiculous thing I just heard, but sometimes, if it’s especially good, I tweet about it. Instead of tweeting them this month, I decided to compile a list for this blog of some of the best things said within my earshot. Enjoy, my fellow eavesdropping collegiettes! 

1. Honesty is the Best Policy

“I’d like to say I don’t judge people…I definitely judge people.” 

2. Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam 

“What if Jesus was like a ladies’ man but just no one wrote about it?”

3. Casual Caf Conversation

“I haven’t had sex in like a year.”

“Yeah, I can’t go more than like two days.”

4. If He Doesn’t Wear Sperry’s, Does That Make Him Alternative?

“I like him! He’s the first alternative guy I’ve met. He wears beanies and plays the bass.”

5. Freshman Meets Sodexo

“Have you ever had an omelette here?”

6. Classic Fordham

“Are you guys registered Republicans like I am?” 

7. *Cringe*

“I wrote about Apartheid.”

“What’s that?”

8. A For Attendance

“I’ve gone to accounting three times this semester.”

9. Foolproof Plan

“I thought to myself, ‘I don’t have to study! I’ve been to museums!’” 

10. Safety First

“Aww, a fire drill! This is cute!!!”

Olivia is a junior at Fordham University. She is a Communications major from bright and sunny Southern California, but the East Coast is her second home. She actually does love long walks on the beach, but she also loves being a friend, sister, daughter, and aunt. Most importantly, she hopes her articles make you feel happy.