ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

#OverheardAtFordham: No. 6

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

And just like that the school year is over! This semester has flown by – I can’t believe I’m writing my last #Overheard of the year. It will be so confusing at home where my eavesdropping goes unnoticed and I have no one to tell all the outrageous things I hear to. I mean, I could tell my friends and fam back home, but it’s just so much fun to blog for all you collegiettes. Plus, where else can I overhear my fellow Rams’ drunken musings in Pugsley’s or commentary on Spring Weekend?? Nowhere! Luckily enough, in the past month I have overheard some absolute gems, so I hope this dose of overheards gets you through the summer, and I will be back at it in the Fall!

HCXO, Olivia 

1. Entrepreneurship

“Ugh that would be such a good idea: hiring Fordham Prep kids to stand in line for you.”

2. #Tru

“During finals week, you can cry yourself to sleep every night in the library and then go home for the summer.”

3. Dedication

“We’re trying to get a Zumba class started because no one showed up.”  

4. Tragedy

“Ohmygod, you’re eating Panda Express? I’m watching something really bad happen right now.”

5. Classic Mom  

“My mom called me to play an April Fools’ joke on me. She told me she won the lotto. She was basically crying.”

6. Picture of Health

“I haven’t slept in over 24 hours.” 

7. Super Fan

“I don’t have a Deathly Hallows tattoo like that kid.”

8. Friendship

“Shave your head and then I’ll be prettier than you.”

9. Springtime at Fordham

“We should just go to Eddies and steal people’s frisbees.”

10. The End-of-Semester Struggle

“I have $20 to my name at the moment…and like 5 DCB.”

Olivia is a junior at Fordham University. She is a Communications major from bright and sunny Southern California, but the East Coast is her second home. She actually does love long walks on the beach, but she also loves being a friend, sister, daughter, and aunt. Most importantly, she hopes her articles make you feel happy.
Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field.