6 Podcasts That Will Make You Feel Like A #Girlboss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

We’re a couple weeks into the spring semester now, and you might already be feeling stressed, weighed down, or even bored. Maybe you’re worried about what life will look like for you post-graduation. Maybe you want to land an awesome summer internship, but can’t find the motivation sit down and start applying. If you need that extra little push or are looking for some inspiration, podcasts are the thing for you. It’s no secret that podcasts have been on the rise recently, especially following the success of Serial a couple of years back. Here’s a list of six podcasts that will have you feeling motivated like a #girlboss in no time.

1. Girlboss Radio with Sophia Amoruso

We’re all familiar with Sophia Amoruso’s New York Times bestselling book, #GIRLBOSS, which chronicles her journey to creating the madly successful online retailer Nasty Gal. What you may not know is that Sophia also has a podcast that is all about world-class girlbosses from various walks of life and different professional industries. Each episode interviews a new woman and offers unique insight into their experiences. If you’re looking for one podcast to start out with, who better to listen to than the women who brought the term #girlboss to popularity herself?

These episodes run around 50 minutes long, perfect to keep your mind busy during your afternoon workout or laundry dryer cycle. Listen here.

2. Coffee Break w/ NYWICI

NYWICI stands for New York Women in Communications Inc., which is an organization for professionals and students dedicated to empowering women and helping them reach their potential in all stages of their career. Grab a cup of coffee and listen to professionals from all disciplines of communication share about their job, how they got to where they are, and how to feel confident navigating the “real world.”

Podcast episodes are about 30 minutes long, with the exception of one hour and a half episode that is chock-full of advice from NYWICI’s annual Student Career Conference. Listen here.

3. Women, Work, and Worth

This podcast comes from the creators of Mavenly + Co, an online community all about self-discovery and designing a lifestyle with purpose. Whether it’s about trusting your intuition, budgeting to create financial freedom, finding peace through meditation, or anything in between, this podcast has got you covered. Overflowing with life advice from authors, entrepreneurs, and even doctors, there’s an episode of this podcast perfect for everyone.

These podcast episodes are typically 45 minutes to an hour long. When you want to escape from the hustle and bustle of college life, this podcast offers the perfect break. Listen here.

4. Happier with Gretchen Rubin

The theme of this podcast is a simple one: how to be happier. Gretchen Rubin, the bestselling author of The Happiness Project and Better Than Before, offers manageable advice about how to live a happier lifestyle through creating good habits and learning more about yourself. Every week her and her sister, Elizabeth Craft, engage in thought-provoking conversation in various segments such as “Happiness Hacks,” “Try This at Home,” and “Answering Listener Questions.” The actionable tips they provide will undoubtedly leave you feeling happier and ready to seize the day.

These episodes run from 40 minutes to an hour, so they are a great way to start or end your day over your commute to work or an internship! If you’re looking for some smaller tidbits of advice, they do weekly “Little” episodes that are only 1 to 2 minutes long. Listen here.

5. No Limits with Rebecca Jarvis

ABC News Correspondent, Rebecca Jarvis, dives into the lives of some of the world’s most influential women and uncovers all the risks, mistakes, and decisions that helped build their empire into what it is today. They share some of their most personal moments that became turning points in their lives, and they pass along some of the best (and worst) advice they’ve received on their path to success.

Podcast episodes run 20 to 30 minutes each, perfect for when you’re getting ready in the morning or a quick break in between classes! Listen here.

6. The Lively Show

Jess Lively is an inspirational woman who found a way to truly live out her dream at a young age. She shares her philosophy with others through her blog, online classes, and this podcast. Rooted in the idea of feeling fulfilled by living through value-based intentions, her podcast touches on practically every corner of life. Jess is a world traveler, and along the way, she interviews fascinating and diverse women (and men). If you’re looking to add some extra mindfulness and intention into your life, this is the podcast for you.

These episodes range across the board from 15 minutes to over an hour, so scroll through her feed and you’re sure to find a podcast that you can squeeze in anytime throughout your day. Listen here.

Next time you’re feeling a little discouraged or unmotivated, give any of these podcasts a try for an automatic pick me up! Listening to these amazing ladies and their guests will empower you and make you feel like the ultimate #girlboss who’s ready to conquer whatever life throws at you.

Sophia is a sophomore from Houston, Texas majoring in Marketing and minoring in Film & Television at Fordham University. When she is not in class you can find her watching Survivor, listening to true crime podcasts, or wandering around New York City in search of her next favorite sweet treat.