The Spring It List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Spring 2014 is right around the corner and you know what that means, a chance to hit the mall and update our wardrobes! Just because there is snow on the ground doesn’t mean you can’t start prepping your closets for some warmer weather. Here are some spring fashion trends to look forward to, when this long dreary winter FINALLY comes to an end.

The Athletic Look: Get sporty! The trick here is to keep it cool and casual at the same time. Grab your cropped Lulu’s and break out the short sleeve workout shirts. Spring is finally here and you can officially wear your colorful sneakers without worrying about getting them dirty! Besides, who doesn’t love looking like they just killed it at the gym?

The Button-Up: These shirts make up the basis of your wardrobe; they’re must-haves! You can wear a button up shirt on its own, tucked in or out, under a sweater or under a jacket.

Jumpsuits: Trend alert!! The runways were filled with one-piece, 70’s styled jumpsuits! Whether your taste is simple or you are into colorful patterns, there is an option to suit everyone’s fashion sense. I recommend wearing a belt with the jumpsuit to help accentuate your curves. Also wedges or heels make your legs look longer in this chic outfit. 

Ray-Bans: This just in! Aviators with multi-layer color flash mirror lenses. Available in silver, pink, orange, gold, blue or green. The perfect sunglasses to add to any spring outfit!

The pointy-toe flat: Any store you enter these days has pointy-toe flats. Step up your shoe game and dress to impress with the detailed stitching or leather straps on a pair of pointy-toe flats.

Colorful Prints: Anything with a pop of pink and a punch of pastels are in style this spring! Wearable art is filling the racks in most stores, making a loud impression. Add one or two to your collection as you celebrate the onset of spring!  

Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.