Man Crush Monday: Leonardo DiCaprio

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.
When you think of a classic romantic movie, what’s the first one that comes to mind? For many of us, the answer is Titanic. So who else to choose other than Leonardo DiCaprio as our Man Crush Monday? He’s been in the spotlight since he was a child, starring in so many popular movies that it is almost impossible to say you weren’t crushing on him at some point. Even though he has yet to receive a well-deserved Oscar, we are obsessed with his gorgeous blue eyes, flawless smile and easygoing spirit. Mark Wahlberg summed it up best when he said “the only problem with Leo is that he is prettier than most of the actresses in his films.” Without further adieu, here are the times when Leonardo DiCaprio was absolute perfection…. 

1. When little Leo showed us his many faces in this photo shoot and we fell in love with him for the very first time.

2. The time he effortlessly swept his hair out of his face. 

3. As if it wasn’t enough that he played Jack Dawson, he then played Romeo. Seriously… can I play Juliet?

4. When he nailed this Titanic kiss. For a brief, unyielding second we all wished we were on board.

5. When he showed us his more sensitive side through his appreciation for marine creatures. 

6. The time he caught himself dinner, demonstrating both his impressive athleticism and resourcefulness.

7. When we were truly able to see his (arguably) best feature: those blue eyes. 

6. Of course, there’s the fact that he hasn’t aged throughout the years. We’ll toast to that. 
1997: 
2013:

7. THAT SMILE. 
8. When he showed us his dance moves and we thought, “why can’t he come to the townhouses with us this weekend?” 
We love you Leo, and we would never let go.
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.