What’s Trending…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

HerCampus Exeter has the latest on what’s been trending in the first week of November! So if you’ve been a hermit studying all week, this is what everyone’s been talking about…

JOHN LEWIS ADVERT: This week John Lewis revealed their much anticipated Christmas Advert for 2014 starring Monty the Penguin. It also features the brilliant Tom Odell covering John Lennon’s ballad ‘Real Love’. Who couldn’t love this adorable, festive advert?!

BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH: British actor Benedict Cumberbatch this week announced his engagement to Sophie Hunter. Cumberbatch romantically chose to announce the news in the forthcoming marriages section of The Times, how traditional.

THE MISSING- BBC Drama- New drama starring James Nesbitt echoes the tragic disappearance of Madeleine McCann. For fans of Broadchurch this is a must-see.

REMEMBERANCE POPPIES- This stunning display in remembrance of those who lost their lives in WW1 has drawn huge crowds to the Tower of London over the past couple of months. The display will end this week on the 12th November

TAYLOR SWIFT- Last week saw the release of Taylor Swift’s latest album ‘1989’. So far it’s been a hit with both critics and fans with the album currently topping the charts in the UK.