This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

This week HCX caught up with none other than our resident blonde bombshell, Hannah Britton. When she isn’t training for her position in the Exeter Emeralds Cheerleading squad, she’s slaying her first year Archaeology and History degree and generally being the sweetest soul you will ever have the pleasure to meet.

Hi Hannah! Thanks for taking the time to chat to us today. So, tell us a little bit about where you’re from!

I’m from Wales. I live in the Valleys, which has a bit of a bad reputation, but it’s actually one of the most beautiful places to live! It’s got a good community and I really miss it, but Exeter has definitely become my new home.

We all know that, being a cheerleader, you’ve got some serious acrobatic skills! So how did you first get into cheerleading, and what’s the best thing about your position on the team?

I got into cheerleading when I was around seven years old. So, when I came to uni that was one of the main things that really excited me- I get to do even more of the sport that I love. I’m a flyer for the team, which involves getting thrown in the air. I love it! As the flyer, you’re the finishing ‘piece’ to the stunt and if you get up in the right position, you know the stunt worked. It can be a bit dangerous but I actually quite like the pressure. It’s very exhilerating!

It sounds like great fun! Although it seems like you’ve got a lot to juggle! How do you manage to keep up all the other things in your life too?

I do struggle, if I’m honest. It’s a bit exhausting. I’m running for Emerald’s Captain at the AGM next week, so I’ve got a lot on my plate at the moment. I think it’s really about achieving the right balance and having some really lovely friends to support you.

Wow- with all the stuff you have on I guess it can be a bit intimidating! I hear you love your course though. What are you enjoying most about reading Archaeology and History at Exeter?

In terms of the History side to the course, I love learning about different periods that I have never touched upon before. Then, Archaeology really brings the periods alive. You get to learn about the material culture that goes along with the events that you’ve studied. It’s a degree I would definitely recommend to anyone.

Every fresher has their favourite place to go for a meal in Exeter! So, what’s your ‘go to’?

I quite like Spoons- and definitely the occasional Maccy D’s after a social. But that’s a guilty pleasure!

It’s been great to chat to you Hannah, and thank you for being this week’s HCX Campus Cutie!

Third year English student and aspiring journalist! My talents include; successfully quoting almost any Friends episode; getting excited about Christmas in October, (every year without fail), and owning one too many Bobbi Brown lipsticks. I mean, is there such a thing as too many?!